Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Taking a "Sick Day"

Yesterday, after finishing a few games of pickleball, driving home on the golf cart with the cold wind blowing against our faces, I said to Rick that I felt like I was getting a sore throat! Just like that! Snap! A sore throat! No forewarning! I have not been sick for years! Neither of us! But now I was getting what seemed like a cold, perhaps. It only hurt when I swallowed, but boy did it hurt. No fever and no appitite either. I took an early shower (hot!) and got into my jammies. Some friends called and asked if we wanted to come over for happy hour and we had to take a raincheck. Today I slept in and missed our 8 AM pickleball games, but Rick went. I got up, took another hot shower, puttered around, went to the grocery store (Rick drove), dropped off some toys at the Toys For Tots, and when we got home I went back to bed.

I told Rick this would have been one of those days when I felt obligated to go to work, even though sick, but now that I'm retired I'm taking a sick day and staying home. This is the cold and flu season, so wash your hands often and stay healthy! From bed to the couch to bed, taking it easy and getting well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.