Friday, December 19, 2008

A couple more hobbies that travel well

Keeping with hobbies for another post, I also take my yarn and crochet hooks with me on the road. A small crochet project actually travels well to the doctor appointment you have to wait for or a car trip, if I'm not driving of course. I think you can take plastic crochet hooks on airplanes once again, but who travels by commercial airlines anymore if they can avoid it?

Anyway, I love to crochet and I've never met a crocheter who wasn't willing to show a newbie the basics. We have a small group in our community, called the NeedleArt Group, who get together every Friday morning and share their latest projects. Any type of needle work.

Another hobby of mine, probably my second favorite behind fly fishing, is taking photos. With digital cameras you get instant results, although my love of photos started with Rick's 35mm Minolta 101 (circa 1970 Vietnam) and the macro lens. I remember 20 years ago taking pictures of wildflowers growing on the banks of a stream in Wyoming. On my belly, up close. But it wasn't until I got the film developed that I saw the results. With digital cameras you can tell fairly well what you have when you push the button. Gaining a little understanding of photography with that camera was a blessing. I'd like to take a photography class sometime. I think I'll put that on my to-do list. (There's probably a photography club in our community!)

Here are a couple shots of my favorite subjects from our last trip to CA.



Digital cameras are not so expensive anymore, for a small point and shoot type. It's a wonderful way to remember a trip or those kids who grow up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.