Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hey! It's 2009!

I love to watch the Rose Parade! I've been lucky to have seen it in person a couple times, and as a kid my family used to go see the floats after the parade. They were amazing to see up close, even after they had lived their short parade life. I love the fact that it's all about the flowers. This year I'm going to record it on the DVR so I can stop it and watch something again if I want to. I don't like the network broadcasts because they tend to promote their TV shows more than they talk about the floats. So I prefer to watch HGTV which concentrates on the flowers. Perfect for me.

A tradition we've developed is to spend the first part of the day with Rick's parents. We have a bigger TV and high def, so we usually watch the parade at our house. They like to have doughnuts for New Year's Day breakfast so we ask that they bring what they want. I'm going to suprise Rick and make sausage gravy and biscuits! No oatmeal this morning for you! He'll like it and be surprised. We'll also have fresh fruit, eggs, and juice. And they'll also have their chocolate covered doughnuts.

Another part of the tradition is pizza for lunch. I've changed that custom slightly (oh so slightly!) and gotten away from delivery pizza. Rick and I prefer my homemade pizza with dough that I make. Since it's at our house, I get to make the pizza. The Rose Bowl game is not a big attraction for either of us and it's on late in the afternoon. Don't scoff! We usually have it on and I watch some of it, depending on who's playing and if it's a tight game. After the breakfast and lunch traditions there's not much else we want to eat or watch on TV.

Hope you get to spend the day doing whatever you want. And we hope 2009 is full of what makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.