Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hope I never lose the amazement

I was very excited and anxious to be on the road again with our motorhome. We took about a day and a half to put our clothes, food, and other stuff in their respective storage areas. The day before we left, Rick plugged in the electricity so we could get the frig and freezers cold. Rick had flushed the water tanks, we'd fueled 'er up and we were ready to go!

I love the feeling of driving the motorhome with the car being towed behind. I love sitting high in the seat, having a view of it all going by. I love the idea of being able to drive as long as we want and stopping where we want, for as long as we want. I love the idea of having a different view when we stop. I love the ability to change our view by turning the motorhome around or by moving on down the road. I love it all.

So having to spend a little bit of time reloading it was well worth the effort. In fact, it was fun. I enjoyed emptying the pantry and frig, and having it fit in the motorhome with lots of space for more. We took a lot of things to do this time, and we still have room. We definitely don't feel cramped for space.

Since we are going to spend a couple weeks in the dusty desert around Quartzsite, we didn't take our fly fishing gear. In it's place we're taking firewood for the evening campfires. As with most RVing, "living" outdoors is what we do. Having your mobile patio overlook the desert, stream or forest is what RVing is all about. Sharing it with good friends just adds to the enjoyment. I'll be sure to get some photos to share with you here.

We love our motorhome, all 36 feet of it. It is very comfortable and just the right amount of space for us and our things. It's so comfortable that I find myself staying inside more than I should. This year I'm vowing to spend more time out on the patio looking at the view instead of sitting and looking at my computer screen. Did enough of that while I was working. Now it's time to be amazed by the scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.