Saturday, January 3, 2009

To take along with us

You'd think we were going to be gone for months with the number of "projects" we're taking. Hobby-type things to do. The usual crochet yarn and paperback books, along with the fly tying materials and wood carving. I told Rick I wanted to get back into tying flies, something I've let him do for the past 15 years. But I want to be able to tie flies again since they are so important to our fly fishing. Doh! The real reason I want to tie is I don't want to spend a dollar or three for flies when we have a lifetime supply of tying materials.


I also want to play a game of chess with Rick again, something we haven't done for a year! He is so good, but he goes easy on me. When we were in South America we bought a couple of interesting sets and I just love looking at the pretty pieces. Of course I'm bringing 2 cameras and plan to get lots of shots. Should be some interesting sights in Quartzsite! QZ attracts all types of RVers.

I've brought dominos, jigsaw puzzles, and our pickle ball paddles. We'll also have the satellite TV, our laptops, and we're bringing the XBox. Yep! We're both XBox gamers, although we don't spend as much time with it now as when we first got it. I have to credit my brothers (M & M) and a couple friends we used to work with for the XBox habit.

We're going to be with friends most of the time while out on this trip so I'm guessing that most of these things will sit in the cupboard. But if it rains the entire time we won't be bored. We wouldn't be anyway; we'd find something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.