Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ahhh... Soft Squishy Pillow

This morning we went for a walk across the street to Guaranty RV Service Center and worked on a jigsaw puzzle in their waiting area. Big accomplishment, but don't think it was the highlight of the day. The employees at Guaranty RV are a concerned and caring group. We got to know each other during the weeks we were here getting our warranty work done. Now we're back and they're letting us hang out in their camp lot until the doctor releases me to travel. Hopefully that will be this Friday.

I'd have to say the highlight of my day was going to Subway for lunch and splitting a chicken sandwich with Rick! Yipeee! We then went to Safeway and I contemplated riding the electric shopping scooter around. But instead I sucked it up and pushed the cart. It was a long outing and I was pretty tired when we got back. I was glad to have the soft squishy blue pillow that Darelene gave me almost 3 years ago for another abdominal surgery I had. I used it under my seat belt to protect my incisions. Still a little sore, but today was better than yesterday.

The afternoon was drizzly wet. Gee, I guess it's true that it always rains in Oregon. An e-friend, Susan Carlin, shared a live on-line painting demonstration with me and I really enjoyed watching the artist finish a portrait in acrylics. Very informative and fun.

As a side note, Rick did not tie any fishing flies today, but I did walk.

1 comment:

  1. See what happens when I don’t look in on you regularly? OMG! I’m going to sound like an ethnic mama joke, but you could call! So that’s interesting, you didn’t have a laparoscopic gall bladder removal? Did you call Darelene and thank her again for the blue pillow? I’ll have to email her right quick. So much is happening here I’m not sure where to start, or that by the time I finish writing it down it will all have changed, anyhow. Nan

    ReplyDelete

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.