Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Zoom Zoom Zoom - A New Camera


I'm not a reviewer of cameras, and in fact, I'm still learning how to use our new Nikon CoolPix P80, though it's pretty easy to get through the basics. It's a 10.1 megapixal with an 18x optical zoom and 4x digital for a total of 72x magnification, wide angle, and image stabilization. Although we thought we wanted a more complex camera with all the interchangeable lenses and manual settings, I think we've made a good choice with this Nikon. There are no lenses to change, but there are manual settings to adjust if wanted. The one downfall I think this camera may have is that it might not be as fast between pictures as others. My friend Kelly Kennedy has some nice cameras and IF I had the passion and talent she does for photographing children I'd need something a little quicker on the rebound. She takes some amazing photos. Here's a link to Kelly's website - http://one3p.com/main.html

My goal is to be able to capture more landscapes and more of the subjects that I cannot get up close to - like hummingbirds! OK, it's not a hummer, but it's a bird. The P80 has a fantastic zoom! The camera is bigger than our Sony DSC-P200, but still very lightweight and easy to handle. It has a big grip on the side and a live view LCD screen. I found out the DSLR's don't have a live view LCD and you have to use the tiny eyeball viewer to see what you're taking. Although that is changing and probably available now.

Here are some samples of the zoom. Remember, I'm still learning.





Rather than me trying to list all the features, here is a link to what I think is one of the best camera review websites available. This link will take you to the Nikon P80, but you can easily navigate to the home page and search their extensive database. http://www.steves-digicams.com/2008_reviews/nikon_p80.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.