Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Uh-oh! The printer died!

Well, actually, the black ink still works, so we can print documents. Just the color has stopped working. And only the magenta has stopped flowing, so my photos have taken on a sunshine-yellow tint. Very yellow, with no red. The green trees are blue and the reds and oranges are very yellow. So I probably can't print any photos or cards until we get back to Arizona. I'll be OK without the printer, a Canon i960 photo printer that I just love!

Rick took the 6 ink cartridges (tanks) out, refilled them and found that the magenta was almost out (without a warning). I did some research on the Internet to find out about the print head failure and why the magenta nozzle might be stopped up. Rick soaked the print head in isopropyl alcohol and Windex for a long time and then used canned air to blow through the print head nozzle. After a few deep cleaning cycles, still no luck. We'll wait until we get to the big city to replace it. This won't stop me from taking photos and luckily I had just printed some photos to display and created some photo greeting cards. Of all the electronic devices we have, I guess this is the one I won't miss too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.