Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hanging pictures in the motorhome

Making it feel like home. I finally decided which picture frames I wanted where and which photos I wanted in the frames. And I haven't put any holes in the walls of the motorhome to hang things. I use the 3M removeable hooks that stick on the walls. And hope that when I do remove the 3M fasteners that they don't damage the walls. They're not supposed to. I removed the glass from 2 of the frames to make them weigh less, but put some extra photos in the back of the frame so I can easily change the photos when I want to.

We use the 3M hooks for keeping hand towels, keys and ball caps handy. For the picture frames we use the 3M products specifically made for frames - removeable picture hanging strips. They are a Velcro-like product and seem to hold the frames without slipping or falling off the wall. I plan to remove the photo frames when we travel because I don't think the fasteners can withstand the bumps and jarring of most highways.

I was reluctant to put things on the walls because there is so little wall space. We try not to have too many things out and in the way because in the small space of an RV you can quickly become overwhelmed with clutter. (I mean we would become overwhelmed with all the clutter.) There is so little clear wall space in RVs. Having wall space showing makes the rooms feel a little more spacious. However, I need to have some decoration and feeling like we live here. This is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.