Friday, July 17, 2009

Butts

After fishing today I've decided that there are other places to fish. I will have to walk a little further to get away from the butts.

There weren't many people in sight when we got to the river. I wasn't sure who the other 3 guys were, but once we started to fish I recognized that they were the same ones from yesterday. They had changed their shirts and hats, but they hadn't changed their ways. It was obvious that they were all 3 friends, hence the reason they were keeping each other's fish. Rick and I immediately caught fish when we got there and they asked what we were using. I was vague, but answered "a PMD." I was fishing with dry flies and the lead guy kept asking me if I saw fish rising. I wanted to say "Of course", but I said "No, no fish rising here." What else was there? When you fish with dry flies 99% of the time I fish to a rising fish. Doesn't everyone? I guess not this guy.

Once we realized who they were I started to watch if they kept their fish. There are slot limits and you can keep certain types of fish, but in the few hours we were there I didn't see them keep fish. The same guide floated by and had words with them again today, this time about parking their vehicle at the boat ramp, right under the large "No Parking" sign, making it difficult to launch or retrieve a boat. Most of the time the ramp is very busy and for someone to park their vehicle there makes it difficult to maneuver with a boat trailer. Very rude indeed.

I just found them obnoxious and oblivious to any river etiquette. Many times they walked through rising fish that I was casting to while others hesitated to even walk along the bank near my casts. I had to stop fishing or I would have hooked them. And yes, it was obvious where I was casting. It may sound trivial and it's hard for me to explain, but believe me, it takes a lot to rile me.

It was late and I eventually told Rick I was ready to go. As we were leaving a couple other fishermen who had witnessed their actions made a comment to me that I'd had some nice fish working and it was too bad that those other guys had ignored where I was fishing. Some people just rub me the wrong way and I've decided that I'll move away from them tomorrow if they're still around. I've had enough of the butts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.