Tuesday, June 23, 2009

When to Blog? part 4

I don't know if there are any 'rules' about when to blog. I say you should blog when you have something to say and somedays I feel compelled to post even if I don't know what to say. It might be better to remain quiet. You might only have time to post once a week or you might be able to post everyday. It does take some effort and a committment to consistently write something meaningful everyday. I seem to go in spurts. Some bloggers only add text once a month. If you are posting lots of your own photos, that process can take a lot more time. Although a photo is said to be worth a thousand words - and a photo can easily tell the story. I love to use photos in my posts.

I've read that sending comments to another blog is a way to let the author know someone is reading and they care about what's being shared. Making a comment can mean a lot to some bloggers. And I've read that it's proper etiquette to reply to all comments that are made on your blog. I try to do that, but I don't get that many comments.

Since we usually post about fly fishing, RV travel in our motorhome, retirement living, family and a few other topics, I usually have something to say. One of the greatest aspects of having a blog is that I can write what I want, when I want. There are rules (laws) about inappropriate content obviously, but there is much freedom of speech with a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.