Thursday, February 26, 2009

Detours in life

Detours can be interesting. They take you off the main route you plan to take.

I've been away from Blogger for a few days and feel some sort of obligation to post when I don't. Not like a job type obligation, but more like an outlet for my thoughts. I enjoy it and miss it. And there are a couple people who tell me they miss me. Thanks for the nice comments and encouragement.

Rick and I have been back and forth to California a few times in the last couple months, a 6 hour drive through the desert, to visit family and take care of personal, private family stuff. We've had some very nice family gatherings, spent lots of time with our young nephews and nieces, and all in all, have had a wonderful time. As much as we like spending time with family, it's good to be home.

Lately I've been writing about life in the motorhome, but life happens outside of the moho. It's been 14 months since we retired and it's still new and amazing. Some days I wake up and marvel at the realization of freedom. It's been nice to escape to the motorhome, escape the TV news of gloom and doom. Can't wait to get in the motorhome and drive north to escape the summer Arizona heat that will surely be here by May!

I'd like to share my thoughts on retirement in a post. There are endless activities taking place here where we live that draw us in. And perhaps I'll share some of the family stuff that we all go through. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.