Sunday, November 2, 2008

Laughing at myself

I admit I sounded like a dud in the previous posting about Halloween. Yep, a dud. Admitted. But those are my thoughts and this is a blog, one where I get to write my thoughts so they don't keep circling round and round up there.

Today I received an email from a good friend, someone we got to know pretty well over the past summer. It's always good to hear from him. When I read it I laughed, actually had a good laugh, and thought he was also having a good laugh at me. That's OK. We learned to understand each other's sense of humor after a short while and my first thought was 'he's poking fun at me.' Even Rick had a good laugh at the email.

But then I said to Rick, "Perhaps this is honestly true?"

Mic,
I had errands to do yesterday and I found very conspicuous signs saying "Please Remove Costumes Before Entering" at the bank and a convenience store. Sad state of affairs.

I do like the Mexican tradition of celebrating "Dia De Los Muertos."

Steve


I'm not able to see his face through email, and you don't always get the feelings a person is trying to convey through email. I can't see if he has a grin on his face or if he's serious. But he did get me to laugh at myself. Thank you friend!

On a sad note, I did read about or hear about crimes, some tragic, that were committed on Halloween. I'm not sure the crimes were so out of the ordinary or if they made it to the headlines because they involved a Halloween costumed bank robber or a child out trick-or-treating. But as my friend said, it is a sad state of affairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.