Friday, April 4, 2008

What Keeps Us Busy?

Someone asked, so here it is...

Most of the campgrounds we visit have well maintained walking trails, miniature golf, ping-pong, horseshoes, shuffleboard courts, tennis and pickle ball courts. There are family & adult centers with libraries, card/TV rooms, organized activities and get-togethers. There are activity directors who provide craft classes, scavenger hunts, wine and cheese tasting, live entertainment, bingo, and trips to local attractions. Most campground parks also have swimming pools and jacuzzis with time allotted to adults and families with children. And there is a check-in station (security), general store, shower/restroom facilities and laundry centers. Some have restaurants that serve all types of food throughout the day and evening. And a few have lakes or streams which give us the opportunity to wet a line.

I take a camera with us on walks and always see something interesting. Today we watched a couple people fly their remote control airplanes and this weekend there will be RC boats on the lake. We both enjoy a leisurely round of golf (putters only). Rick is really good at ping-pong and has been giving me pointers to improve my game. I'm getting better and can keep up with most of his trick shots now.

We're keeping up with our computer skills although there are soooo many other things to keep us busy. Being constantly mobile presents some challenges with internet and communication, but Rick has done a fabulous job keeping us "wired". Rick keeps up with finances and budget on-line, while I'm the primary communication facilitator. (Hmmmm, sounds a lot like our old jobs, doesn't it? I was joking with Rick the other day when our forwarded mail finally caught up with us and we had to have a meeting, create a project plan and assign each other tasks for handling the correspondence. Just kidding!) Rick keeps a couple databases for our Magellan CrossOver GPS and favorite fly tying patterns. I've been working on photos and creating a blog. And somehow the topic of computers usually comes up in conversation with new friends and we enjoy sharing what we know with them.

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done my friend! Can't wait to see the two of you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I bite... what is pickle ball?
    I'll fill you in on my doings somewhere a little less public, except to say we finally got the full on shade screens up outside of my master bath. This should benefit us with our SRP bill... and my privacy. Did you see the latest HGTV thing is to have outdoor bathrooms? Me? I think NOT. I'm sure the world thanks me, too.

    ReplyDelete

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.