Saturday, April 19, 2008

Brrrrrrrrrrr! SNOW!

What a thrill to wake up and see everything dusted with snow! I'm not sure thrill is the right word, but I wrapped myself in Rick's coat as soon as I got out of bed and went outside to take a few (very quick) photos. I guess I should say I was thrilled to be back in our toasty warm mobile fishing lodge (aka motorhome).

We're staying at Thousand Trails South Jetty in Florence, Oregon and had weather warnings from a friend who lives in the area that it would get mighty cold overnight. I'm sure our friend (you know who you are!) thought it was downright funny that we Arizona snowbirds had moved far enough north to find snow.

It's been a day of icy rain and a little more snow. The clouds did briefly part and show the blue sky, but when Rick asked if I still wanted to take a drive out on the jetty I said "that's OK, we've seen it and it's going to rain/hail/sleet/snow again." I'm fine working on organizing photo files and crocheting. Rick has been tying fishing flies in anticipation of future warm days filled with flyfishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.