Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The snowbirds have escaped!


We made it! We waited until noon, when the temperature got above 32 degrees and the ice was soft, but we made it out safely! I warmed up the engine and Brent had made a couple more passes with the tractor, plowing up the ice. No problem, no sliding, and no spinning wheels. We know the next time the forecast is for 3 days of snow, we're heading south with the geese!


I'm sure all of you (especially Tom & Jo from Alaska) who have grown up with the snow, think we are crazy. It's just snow. But when you're not able to drive either of your vehicles without being towed out, that's crazy.

If I didn't have to leave, if I had planned to spend the winter in Montana, that would be another story. Just like we were able to watch the seasons change from spring to summer to fall, I would have loved to see winter through to the end. I would love to see the trees shake off the cold and come to life in the spring. But we needed to go and we have a couple travel days ahead of us.

I'm not done with stories from the river. We're going to miss Montana. I hope I find some time to share my memories and I hope you check back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.