Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday Fish 'Fin'-ale

A great 'fin'ale fish.


This was the last fish of the season.

It was cold, about 5 PM on Friday afternoon. Rick and I were fishing about 10 feet apart from each other, sharing flies, trying to figure out exactly what they were eating. I moved just downstream from Rick, getting a little closer to some rising fish. I floated my dry fly under the log snag. My fly disappeared under the structure, I tightened my line, and had this fish on the other end. I can still hear Rick's words, "Thank goodness. Keep it on the line, I'll get the net." And once we released the fish he said, "Ready to go get warm?"




Missing it already - the fish, not the ice.

We'll be back in 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.