Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Photo Contest

The activities director in our community held a photo contest and residents could enter one photo during the week. The goal was to gather enough photos taken within our community so they can make and sell calendars next year. I thought about it and couldn't decide right away. I looked through my photos I'd already printed and decided on day 6 to enter a photo. There were about 40 photos entered and the residents voted on their favorite photos, with the top winners being choosen for the calendar.

This is the photo I entered. Its taken in our front yard at 5:30 in the morning just when the sun was rising, back in 2005. It's one of my favorites. I call it "A New Day".

After seeing the other photos entered, I decided that Rick could also enter a photo. This is the one entered with his name.

Its the state flower of Arizona, the saguaro cactus. Both photos were choosen for the calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.