Thursday, March 19, 2009

I never thought I'd know so many doctors

Another thing I used to scoff at. I never thought that we would know so many doctors. Literally, doctors from head to toe. I'm surprised at all the doctor appointments that have started to appear on our calendar. I guess once you hit 50 that's what you have to look forward to.

They're all for wellness checkups and yearly exams and (knock on wood), we're healthy. We go to the dermatologist (skin doctor) twice a year for check ups and it seems she can always find some little spot to burn off or remove. Last fall Rick had a few suspicious spots burned off his face and I got away clean. This last week we went back and she found 2 spots on my face to remove and Rick had a spot on his wrist that was hurting so she removed it. The cuttings were sent for biopsy and we'll have the results back in a few days.

Doctors appointments usually aren't any fun, but we are grateful to have good medical insurance and we go for our checkups. Don't always like to, but we would rather know what's up with our health. Ignoring it doesn't make it go away. I say "Better to know and deal with it."

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ric & Mic. I am known as Flytyer on the IRV2 forums. I live in PA.

    I wanted to say that while I am not a fan of "blogs," your Blog is probably the best and most interesting I have read.

    I have a love of fly fishing that goes back to 1950 when I was taught by a friend who recently passed on. Over the years I have always felt a sense of being responsible to protect our waters and educate our youth about the environment, water quality and of course fly fishing and fly tying. As a result finally 7 years ago I was able to start a summer time 2 week fly fishing camp that has been very successful each year. I am proud of the accomplishments, but I am particularly happy that one of our female students became a member on the US Youth Fly Fishing Team and took 7th place in her division in Europe 2 summers ago.

    Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself and ask a question and looked what happened...I blogged about me !!

    Here is my question: Which fly fishing style do have the most fun with? Dry flies or nymph's ??

    Have you used soft hackle flies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for not doing my part with answering your questions and comments. Life has been busy lately. As to your question about dry flies vs. nymphs == I love dry fly fishing! Love it! From size 22 BWO to size 8 crane fly. But I'll happily use nymphs if nothing is hatching on the surface. On the other hand, Rick enjoys using nymphs and even sight fishing with nymphs. He finds the fish laying on the river bottom and drifts his nymphs near them. It's a real challenge. As to your question about using soft hackle flies, I think they're somewhere between dries and nymphs. Emergers. And they are probably our third choice of flies, usually what others are missing in their fly boxes and wish they had.

    Thanks for the questions and comments. Thanks for stopping by.
    Mic

    ReplyDelete

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.