Thursday, October 9, 2008

Unanswered questions & musings

It's been a few days since I've posted and I'd gotten so used to writing everyday that it seems strange not to post something! So I've taken a few days off and now I'm back!

It's been an interesting few days. Good days, but for me, bewildering and confusing. With all the bad financial news coming from the TV and Internet, and with the presidential candidates 'fighting' for followers, I went into a little funk. I'm sort of surprised that the 'bad' news could bring me down and I've spent some time trying to figure out why it got the better of me. Too much self-analysis. I'm ready to think good thoughts, positive ideas, and happy times.

I'm really happy to be where we are, and I'm not missing the fly fishing too much, but still I went into in some sort of self-inflicted funk. I'm happy to be safe and comfy in our motorhome. We're healthy and secure. I'm usually the one to embrace change, welcome change, so it made me stop and think. "What's going on Mic?"

We're in Oregon for a few days before continuing south. I'll fill in the details and tell you about this place in the next post. It's a good place that I want to share with you in case you ever find yourself here. In between doing some fun activities for us, I expect to have spare time to get some blog stuff done.

I'd made a short list over the past couple weeks and now is a good time to share it and get it off my mind. Then we can get on with sharing photos and fun travel stories.
________________________________

Why are the fish always rising on the far bank, just out of my reach?

Why do mosquitoes buzz in my ear when I'm trying to sleep?
And am I the only one who has to get out of bed to find that buzzing mosquito? (Mom?)

Why does it rain after washing the car?

How can I happily walk straight into the 52 degree river, but the shower has to be hot before I can get in?

Why does the wind blow in the opposite direction of where I'm casting?

Why were the groceries on sale yesterday?

I always thought the starry sky was brightest in Arizona, but you haven't seen the stars until you've been up at 2 AM in the Middle Of Nowhere, Montana with the Big Dipper soooo close it seems you can reach up and touch a star.

Why are the fish eating something I don't have in my fly box?

And how do those fish know to hide under the grass and behind the overhanging tree?

Why don't we have a water-proof digital camera that will fit in my pocket? (note to self - Olympus or Pentax?)

Why does technology still amaze me with all the new gadgets and software advances?

Does the Honda CR-V at 30 MPG balance out the motorhome at 9 MPG?

Why are the only 2 choices for satellite TV local channels New York or Los Angeles? While in Montana the prime time shows start at either 6 PM or 10 PM, one too early and the other too late.

How did we get so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.