Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Never had a video camera

We've never had a video camera, a camera made solely for taking videos. But the small point-and-shoot digital cameras usually have the capability to capture short spurts of live action. And ever since our nephew Josh was born I've been using the digital camera to take short videos. Yesterday I wasn't fishing and had my camera close by when Rick hooked a fish. He never knows when I have it on 'video' and I'm never sure how to signal to him that he's being filmed. I usually just say it and then it becomes part of the movie's audio. I've started reading about video editing and tweaking (a highly technical term) and who knows, this may lead to the purchase of a new camera - one dedicated to videos. Well, maybe after we get a water-proof digital camera. These videos are not professional. Ha! Far from it! I'm walking with the camera while filming so it's a little wiggly, but it is of us fishing. It shows how stress-free, laid-back, and relaxed we are when we fish.


The second one is of Rick releasing the fish and a little chit-chat between us.


I've also included a couple still shots. Hope you enjoy! We'll try to get caught up on a lot more of the fishy photos we've taken in the last few days.

2 comments:

  1. New form? Hope you get this... Fun watching you in ACTION!! P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think the comment form had changed, but perhaps it did.

    Next year I hope to have a video camera that will take movies underwater!

    Thanks for the comments!
    Mic

    ReplyDelete

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.