Monday, July 21, 2008

View of Our World


In a motorhome efficient use of space is key. We have plenty of room, but we like everything to have it's own place so we don't have to move a bunch of stuff around to eat at the table or sit on the couch. We're fortunate with this motorhome to have lots of storage compartments and lots of CCC or Cargo Carry Capacity. We can carry more than 4600 pounds of "stuff"! I've read that 2 full-timers should count on taking 2000 to 3000 pounds of stuff in their RV and I think that's fairly accurate. Being able to carry 4600 pounds of food, clothing, fishing equipment, dishes, pots & pans, tools, crafts, and all that stuff we want with us is super! Don't think we have every cupboard full though. We actually have some empty cupboards and are happy that we are not overloaded and unsafe.

I wanted a space devoted to my laptop so I can keep it set up. I've seen some motorhome owners who make a table out of their steering wheel and put a lamp or pictures on it. We've put a portable lap desk on the steering wheel and the laptop has a home. Being able to keep my laptop out all the time we're parked is convenient. And I have a view that is unsurpassed! Our large windshield gives us a panoramic view of the world. It is ever changing and what we make it, whether we are travelling or parked. For the past 6 weeks this has been our view.

This is where I spend a lot of my motorhome time. I'm the primary driver so I'm very comfortable in the large captain's chair. I have a cup holder on my left side, an area to keep the papers I'm working with, a place for our cell phones, and I'm next to the radio and TV. I set a screen saver on the laptop to display our favorite photos and when I'm not using the laptop we have a slide show of our recent adventures. I watch the sunset every evening and feel the cool breeze blow in my window. A place for everything and this is my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.