Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Recorded TV shows

It was only a few months ago that we agreed to try a DirecTV HD-DVR. We had no experience recording TV shows and felt we had no need. I didn't like to think that TV was important, but there are shows we like to watch and even look forward to. So we got a DVR with an upgraded HD satellite dish. Unfortunately I've come to depend on the DVR. I've become accustomed to rewinding the interesting conversations, the scenic views, muffled words or something we miss. We're able to record 2 shows at once and it's sometimes hard to keep up with all the recordings. The best thing about a DVR is that we get to skip through all the commercials. I've come to totally dislike commercials.

Even when I listen to the radio I sometimes get the urge to rewind. I asked one of my brothers and he said the same thing, you get used to having it. Too much. I've almost filled up the DVR with movies and we'll take it with us and maybe we'll have a chance to watch them this summer while living in the motorhome. Or maybe we'll be too busy fishin!

These past 2 weeks it seems that TV has been on to pass the time. Too much TV time which has made me feel guilty for not doing something more productive. Even though I always do something else while it's on.

I wonder what you can tell about a person based upon their favorite TV shows? Any indication of their personality? I need to get away from the TV and get into the RV. Too much TV, not enough RV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.