Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I finally tied one on

Yes, I really tied one on! Not the first time I've tied one on, but it could just as well have been it's been such a long time. It's been more than 20 years since I tied one on! And I did it twice today!

My first flies in more than 20 years! After many months of saying I should, would, could, I did.

I tied one sparkle dun or compara dun and one green scud.


Rick was so patient, encouraging and a great teacher.

I've watched him tie flies for 34 years and I used to tie, so it was like riding a bike. I just need to get the feel for the thread, spinning the fur, dubbing, and especially proportion.

And I'd like to get a magnifier so I can see these tiny fake bugs the size of rice! Just think how good I'd be if I could actually see what I'm doing!

Oh, I know I need lots of practice to be anywhere near as good as Rick is, but he says with practice I can be a good fly tyer.

Lord knows we have enough tying materials for both of us to last a lifetime!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pics of some real pigs ! Site looks great...got my heart pumpin'. Now that you are tying (Mic) can I put in my order ? CYA soon.

    Tight Lines and Screaming reels,

    Don

    ReplyDelete

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.