Monday, March 29, 2010

Here we are! Hint #5

Beach-combing.


Scenic coastlines that go on and on.

Lighthouses on the jetty.

Driftwood.

A couple years ago I stumbled upon someone's Internet story about staying here. For 2 years I had hopes that we would be near it and able to find a way to visit.

More than a few months ago Tim Cooke, the service manager at our wonderful RV dealer, Guaranty RV, sent us a note and an invitation to stay at Pacific Surf Motorcoach Estates. Unexpected and unbelievable! We were planning our Spring 2010 itinerary and when I looked at the maps I realized that we would probably be in the vicinity. Knowing that plans can quickly change, I hesitated to make a firm reservation at my dream location. When we were a month away I sent an email to the broker, Scott, and asked about availability. He said we were early in the season and it would be very possible. When we were about 2 weeks away I looked at the weather forecast and I could see that there would be a window of sunshine between weeks of probable rain. So we rearranged our Thousand Trails reservations and picked 3 sunny and bright days to spend at this remarkable "campsite". It was wonderful and I challenge anyone to find a better view from a motorhome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.