Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cold & Windy, With a Chance of Fish


Although the weather is cool, crisp and windy, AND the river is rising, the fishing was pretty good. I have to admit I've taken Rick's advice and I've been nymphing for 2 days now. It was difficult to change from throwing dry flies, but watching Rick catch 10 fish to my 1, it was an easy change to make. He has always been able to go between dries and nymphs, but not me. I LOVE to dry fly! So yesterday I took a lesson from Rick and tried to "nymph sight fish" by finding fish feeding on the bottom and cast my nymphs to them. And it worked! Today it worked really well!





We have a couple friends camping close by and we were happy to give them flies and take them to the spots we love to fish. Logan (79 years young) brought us fresh corn right off the stalk, fresh home-grown tomatoes, fresh peaches and a nice bottle of red wine. We enjoyed the goodies and I hope they enjoyed the fishing.


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed finding the photos. Logan is enjoying himself and thank you for the help with flies and putting them in a good spot.
    He said he would fish in the am (Sat) then head back to Eagle.
    Cheers, and have a great fall.
    Doe

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Saturday I headed to the river just to take a look and made the "mistake" of taking my rod with me. Rick stayed in camp to talk with Logan. I saw lots of fish rising and stayed to fish for a while. In the meantime Logan hitched up and began his trip home. Sorry I missed saying goodbye to him, but let him know I caught a number of nice fish that morning. Hope to see you both next summer.

    ReplyDelete

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.