Friday, August 28, 2009

Why Blog? part 5

Back on June 18 I started a multi-part posting on blogging. I just found that I had drafted this last posting, part 5, and had not shared it. So here it is, part 5. Sorry it got left behind.

Why blog? It's a question I ask everyday. Somedays I don't want to write. Somedays I can't help but write. Sometimes I need to get the thoughts out of my mind so I can easily fall asleep. Somedays I feel I should just write my thoughts in my own private personal journal and lock it away, not to be shared.

I blog so we can share our adventures with family and friends while we travel in our motorhome. I blog because I enjoy reading other blogs and maybe someone will enjoy what we share. Sometimes I write to get the words out of my head. Some life events need to be shared in the hope that it will help someone. Some life events perhaps shouldn't be shared, but I do anyway.

Many people blog to try to make money. They might be selling a craft or advertising their company. They might allow ads to appear on their blog in hopes of making money by the number of visitors or if someone clicks on an ad on their blog. I don't know if you can make a lot of money by including ads, but I know you'd have to have more visitors than I do. I get about 20 visitors a day and have a counter on the left side of the blog. Twenty a day is not a lot when you consider that some bloggers get hundreds and thousands each day. With that many visitors you'd probably make money with ads.

Years ago I knew people who met other people on the Internet through chat rooms and bulletin boards. But they didn't like to meet people face to face. They'd rather just talk on-line. Well, there are also bloggers who "specialize" in the interactive relationships with other people. They blog to communicate and receive comments from their readers. They become a network of supportive friends, but mostly not in person. We RVing bloggers are out on the open highway and because we communicate and share ideas on-line, we sometimes have more advantage to meet in person.

I still blog for the same reason I started with. I do this to share our experiences with family and friends. I enjoy writing my thoughts, capturing our experiences, but it's time consuming and some days I wonder why I continue.

2 comments:

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.