Sunday, May 24, 2009

Rainy Sunday

Sunday, my day to sleep in, as Rick says. I did sleep in and when I finally got up I made my famous "angler's sandwich" for brunch. It was cold and drizzly outside and the entire day was spent inside our mobile fishing lodge. I had planned to bundle up with a blanket and a book, but its late in the night now and I never opened the book. I started out with some delicious coffee (sweetened only on Sundays) and soon was working on computer issues for family. I won't name names, but you know who you are. I was happy to help with some digital photo issues, helping to create greeting cards, and a couple other special projects I can't divulge. Rick also did some "family computer support" and the timing was good. We'd already decided that today would be a day off from fishing. What better way to spend the day than with family, even if it was long-distance.

My angler's sandwich consists of grilled ham, grilled onion, cheese and scrambled egg on grilled bread, all made in a skillet on the stovetop. Easy to make in the motorhome or on a griddle over a campfire. I start out warming the sliced ham and thinly sliced onion in the skillet. I remove those ingredients and set aside with the cheese on top. I scramble the eggs and place that on the other stacked ingredients. I place one piece of bread, buttered side down, in the skillet and add the stacked meat, cheese, onion and egg and top with the other piece of bread. Turn when the bread is grilled to your liking. I got the idea for the sandwich from a little corner convenience store/gas station in Shelley, Idaho. We used to stop in there with Eric before floating the river and they made a "farmer's sandwich" which had everything on it, including bacon, sausage and hashbrown potatoes, wrapped in foil and it would last you all day. Mine are made with whatever I have on hand and usually a little smaller. One of Rick's favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's easy to leave us a comment. Use the drop-down arrow & you can type your name or be annonymous. (Leave us a hint) Comments are not published until after we read them & we'll only publish what's appropriate. We will reply if you leave us a comment.

Fish On!

FAVORITE PHOTOS

Florence, Oregon coastal area

Writing and photography copyright Rick & Mic GoneFishin © 2007-2010 unless otherwise indicated. You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission. All rights reserved.